Japan Equity Research Analyst
We are looking to hire an equity analyst to cover Japanese listed stocks.
- An equity analyst who is able to identify stock specific catalysts, model company earnings, and present long/short investment ideas to the team.
- Experience as a buy-side or sell-side analyst or in a relevant role (investment banking, etc.)
- Ability to create and maintain corporate earnings models and conduct fundamental analysis
- Good attention to detail and proactiveness in generating ideas and gathering information
- Ability to work under pressure and to communicate clearly and concisely about stock ideas
- Proficiency in Excel (knowledge of Bloomberg software would be considered a plus)
- Fluent in Japanese
- Location: Tokyo
Asia Equity Analyst
We are looking to hire an equity analyst to cover Asia ex-Japan stocks, primarily in the financials sectors, but with the potential to also cover property and/or consumer sectors. He/she will work under a fundamental & catalyst driven long/short equity strategy, within a team of like-minded sector specialists.
- Sell-side and/or buy-side equity research experience, preferably a combination of both
- Experience in covering financials as a sector specialist is a must. Some experience covering property and/or consumer is a plus
- Ability to independently make earnings models, perform fundamental analysis on companies, follow industry trends/newsflow, and present stock ideas that generate alpha within the covered sectors
- In addition to bottom-up fundamental analysis, demonstrate an understanding of top-down macro drivers and government policy trends, as they relate to the relevant sectors
- The ability to work under pressure and to communicate clearly and concisely about stock ideas
- Fluent in both Mandarin and English
- Proficiency in Excel is expected and knowledge of Bloomberg would be considered a plus
- Location: Hong Kong
We are currently interviewing for the position of research analyst intern in our Tokyo and Hong Kong offices. Interns will join a 4-8 week internship program, working alongside the investment team. Interns may have the chance to be offered a full-time position with the firm at the end of the program.
- In the final year or just completed a bachelor, masters or doctorate course at a recognized institute of higher education
- Demonstrates an interest or passion for financial markets and investing
- Demonstrates an ability for critical, creative and flexible thinking
- Demonstrates a positive work ethic
- Good communication skills
- Some working knowledge of Microsoft Excel would be preferable
- English is essential. Japanese and/or Mandarin would be preferable
For more information on opportunities at Rockhampton Management, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
* Equal Opportunity Employer is an employer which does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, physical or mental disability, or age.